After a long day at the office, I love to treat myself to a delicious, no-fuss meal like roasted peppery salmon with garlic and rosemary. It’s very easy to prepare and takes almost no time to cook.
Roasted Peppery Salmon with Garlic and Rosemary
- 2 large cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 fillets of wild salmon
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- crushed black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the salmon on a baking sheet, skin side down.
- Drizzle with olive oil until each fillet is just lightly coated.
- Sprinkle with salt and a lot of black pepper.
- Press the garlic and rosemary into the flesh of the salmon
- Bake for 9-12 minutes depending on the size of the fillet.
I like to keep sides simple and complementary, so I serve this dish with lemony basmati rice. The citrus goes well with both the fish and the spiciness of the black pepper.