Above: A bushel of bumpkins at Lisa & Bill’s Farm Stand in Wainscott, NY
Cinnamon-Sugar Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Now that pumpkin season is here, I have a perfect excuse to roast some pumpkin seeds.
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop out the inside of your pumpkin and separate the seeds from the pulp.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, toss the seeds with the olive oil, coating throughly.
- Add dry mixture to the seeds and toss until fully coated.
- Spread the seeds in one even layer across a baking sheet lined with non-stick aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the seeds are golden brown. Stir the seeds ever 5 minutes while baking to ensure that they toast easily.