Each time I’m in the Hamptons, Nantucket, Santa Monica, or any other laid back beach town inhabited by beautiful, sun-kissed people, I notice that girls on leisurely bike rides through town are always dressed in super cute outfits. With the recent inception of Citi Bikes, a New York City-wide bike share, I have witnessed these biker fashions cross over from breezy seaside styles to city appropriate looks that are perfectly suitable for riding up the West Side Highway to brunch at Cookshop or gallery-hopping in Chelsea.
In honor of girly cyclists everywhere, I give you a feminine, bike-friendly city look complete with some of my favorite weekend fashions (and sunscreen!).
Shop the look:
- Joe Fresh Stripe Ruffle Dress, $39. joefresh.com
- Ray-Ban ‘Original Aviator’ Sunglasses with Blue Lenses, $145. nordstrom.com
- ASOS Festival Across Body Bag with Cutout Detail, $37.33. us.asos.com
- K. Jacques Picon Slingback Flat Thong Sandal in Black, $260. neimanmarcus.com
- Citi Bikes! citibikenyc.com
- DDF Weightless Defense Hydrator with SPF 45, $55. spalook.com
- Porkie Pie Hatters’s Panama Hat, $150. porkiepiehatters.com