My mom always taught me to never visit someone’s home empty-handed. This sentiment seems to run in my family—my cousin, Juli, gave me the Nest grapefruit candle (above) last time she came over for dinner and each time I light it, I think of her. A bottle of wine or some really nice cheese or chocolates are always appreciated, but it can also be fun to think outside the box. With that in mind, I always try to find the most fun and thoughtful gifts when visiting friends and family, always taking into account my host or hostess’s personality and tastes.
- DavidsTea, from left to right: Three Wishes, a black tea; Egyptian Chamomile; the Earl’s Garden. davidstea.com
- Sugar Paper Kate Desk Calendar in pink, $52. saksfifthavenue.com
- Rablabs Pedra Agate Coasters, $68 for a set of 4. saksfifthavenue.com
- Nest Grapefruit Candle, $34. sephora.com
- The Fashionable Cocktail: 200 Fabulous Drinks for the Fashion Set (Rizzoli), by Jane Rocca and Neryl Walker, $19.95. amazon.com
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Sleeping Bunny Slippers in violet, $198. bloomingdales.com